New boat 3+1 warranty / 5+1 warranty (when registered online)
The extended warranty period (5+1) will only become effective upon receipt by SCB provided that the owner submits the SCB Online Warranty Registration Form to SCB, within 30 days of the date of the original retail sale. The owner must bear all of the costs of claiming under this warranty. In particular, the owner is responsible for arranging and paying for the return of the Boat to SCB, or an authorised repairer as directed by SCB.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the product which you have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and any other applicable law, SCB Outdoors Pty Ltd (SCB) (ABN 51 117 043 731) warrants with respect to each new boat manufactured by SCB sold by authorised account (SCBX Boat) that subject to the exclusions set out in this document:
- for a period of thirty-six (36) months from the date of the original retail sale, SCB will repair or replace the hull or deck of the Boat if structurally defective;
- for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of the original retail sale, SCB will repair or replace free of charge any other part of the Boat found to be defective in factory materials or workmanship under normal use and operation within Australia. When registered online at seachangeboating.com.au/scbxwarranty by the customer (within 30-days from retail sale date), warranty will be increased to a maximum period of sixty (60) months and twelve (12) months from the original date of retail sale.
This warranty does not cover:
- transportation arrangements and all transportation costs to and from the manufacturer’s repair facility for warranty work; repairs made necessary by normal wear and tear;
- engine and power train;
- breakage or leakage around windscreen/windshield or other design openings;
- replacement of items in the course of normal servicing and maintenance;
- damage resulting from accident, improper use, neglect or use of the boat in any form of competition where speed is a factor;
- damage arising from use of the vessel for commercial purposes;
- the gel coat including, but not limited to, cracking, crazing, discolouration, blistering, fading or yellowing;
- fading and deterioration of fabrics, canvas and upholstery;
- options and accessories installed after manufacture or any damage caused to an otherwise warranted item by options and accessories installed after manufacture;
- damage caused by improper maintenance, lack of proper maintenance, galvanic corrosion, fuel contamination, improper trailering or trailer set up, damage caused by operation of the boat in violation of any Commonwealth, State or Local Authority laws rules or regulations;
- incidental or consequential damage of any nature or kind whatsoever;
- the boat not meeting any published or announced performance characteristics regarding speed, fuel consumption or oil consumption;
- the boat if it has been structurally altered, repaired, transported or powered beyond the recommendations of SCB;
- water damage, dry rot, staining, discolouration, bleeding or absorption of water by condensation or otherwise to interior surfaces, polyurethane, foam or interior wood;
- damage to, or failure of, interior or exterior parts caused by maintenance and /or cleaning supplies.
- inspection, dismantling, repair and reassembly costs if it is established that the part or parts the subject of the warranty claim are not covered by warranty or are not defective;
- damage caused by continued use of the boat after a defect is or should have been discovered including any additional loss or damage caused by the continued use of the boat;
- component parts covered by any other manufacturer’s warranty;
- damage caused by loading and unloading from trailers, cradles or other boat storage devices or by travel lift or forklift;
- damage to the windscreen;
- rust and/or “tea staining” is not covered;
- decals; or
- damage to the gel coat or any other coating applied to the hull or the hull resulting from osmosis.
For the purposes of this warranty, the terms: “structurally defective” means containing a defect that causes the hull or deck to be unsafe or unfit for use in normal operating conditions; “hull” means the single fibreglass moulded shell and integral fibreglass structural components below the hull flange; and “deck” means the single fibreglass moulded shell and internal fibreglass structural components above the hull flange.
This warranty does not apply unless:
- the Boat:
- has been used and operated properly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s operations manual;
- has not been fitted with an engine (or engines) which exceed the maximum horsepower or engine/transom weights specified by SCB;
- has been maintained and cared for properly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations;
- has not been used in any form of competition use where speed is a factor or for commercial use;
- has not been modified or altered after having been delivered by SCB;
- the trailer is correctly adjusted and meets SCB minimum trailer requirements.
- all warranty work is approved by SCB before repairs are carried out.
- the repair or replacement is carried out by an authorised SCB dealer or by some other person approved in writing by SCB prior to the repair or replacement being carried out.
In the first instance all warranty claims must be addressed to the purchasing stockist/dealer. All such claims must be in writing, contain full details of the problem encountered and be submitted to the purchasing stockist/dealer (and copied to SCB) within 30 days of the date on which the owner becomes or should have, exercising reasonable diligence, become aware of the defect. Copies of all claims must also be sent by post to the Warranty Manager, SCB Outdoors Pty Ltd, 140 Viking Drive, Wacol QLD 4076 or by email to email@example.com on the date on which the claim is made.
Claims must be made within:
- Days and/or months specified above from the date of the original retail sale, if the claim relates to a structural defect; or
- Days and/or months specified above from the date of the original retail sale, for any other claim under this warranty.
To the greatest extent permitted by law:
- the liability of SCB under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of any defective part or parts, or the cost of such repair or replacement provided that SCB has approved the repair or replacement before it occurs;
- all warranties implied by statute or law are expressly excluded; and
- SCB has no liability under this warranty for any consequential or other loss caused by or arising out of, or relating to the defective part or parts, whether or not caused or contributed to by the negligence or breach of contract of SCB or its employees, agents or contractors.
Specific warranty conditions
SCB Warranty for Foam/EVA/Xdeck flooring “Product”
SCB warranty does not cover the installation of the product onto any surface, nor does it cover adhesion of the product to the boat or to any other surface to which the products are applied. This warranty applies only to material and workmanship of the product itself. Some fading and/or discolouration of the products may occur with time and use in the marine environment; such fading and/or discoloration is not covered by the warranty. The warranty covers only excessive fading or polymer degradation resulting from defective materials.
This warranty specifically EXCLUDES deformation, discoloration or other damage to the covered product, and EXCLUDES all other damage or loss, resulting from the products being subjected to temperatures in excess of 70˚C (max temp). Max temp may occur for example in certain specific installations which result in light amplification at the product surface due to reflection of sunlight from reflective surfaces (particularly concave areas of gelcoat) or refraction of sunlight through light-transmissive surfaces such as windshields or optically clear structures. It is exclusively the buyers responsibility to provide assurance that any particular installation will not exceed the max temp. SCB shall not be responsible for any damage or loss resulting from any application or use of the product which exceeds the max temp. Please consult your owner’s manual for more information on how to properly avoid this damage occurring and how to properly maintain your flooring product.
Third party components
- Your boat is fitted with component parts that are manufactured and supplied by third parties.
These components are not warrantable by SCB but are covered by the component manufacturers' standard warranties.
Trailer minimum requirements - SCBX
These specifications are a requirement of warranty on all SCBX boats produced by SCB Outdoors Pty Ltd. If the trailers fitted under any SCBX boat do not meet these specifications, hull warranty is void.
Multi-roller, as per current (12 roller minimum),
Minimum 4 supporting (adjustable) keel rollers with two supporting long teflon (or carpeted) skids, plus mini skids supporting keel rollers at entry and as required for additional placement along keel loading zone.